Welcome to Child Nutrition Services!
We know that food is fuel. In order for children to be successful in the classroom, they must be well nourished. We have been working very hard to provide well balanced meals to help children succeed. We are proud to report the Department accomplishments over the last few years:
- The State of Mississippi has implanted some of the highest nutrition standards in the nation
- We now offer whole grain products, which consist of no trans-fat
- We have reduced the fat content of all milk to 1% or less
- We have made a commitment to offer more fresh fruit and vegetables
- We have eliminated all fried foods from our school menus
There is still work to do and there will be challenges ahead. If we remain focused on our goals and work together we will get there together.
Tunica County School Child Nutrition Staff